Map is a dispensable part of Minecraft because it brings players interesting experiences when playing game. Some maps are downloaded as .mcworld, .mcpack format but some other one are downloaded as .zip or .rar files. With .mcworld and .mcpack format you can download and install it by Minecraft PE app or open instantly on your device. But with the .zip and .rar files, installing Minecraft PE becomes more difficult. You have to follow tutorial below in order to get it in your Mac device.
Step 1: Download iFunBox file
- iFunBox is a free file manager application which works for both Windows and Mac. You need to configure this application on your computer.
- Plug in your Mac device into your computer using the data connection cord
- Download a Minecraft map you like
- Open iFunBox file you have just downloaded, click “File Browser” in the top-left corner.
- Double-click your device in the left sidebar
- Then click on “User Applications”.
- Click the Minecraft PE icon.
- Select Open Sandbox.
- Double-click the games folder.
- Double-click the com.mojang folder
- Double-click the minecraftWorlds folder (if you can’t see full name of a folder, hover over it)
- Copy and paste the map which you’ve downloaded from MCPE DL into minecraftWorlds folder
- When you download a map, it will be saved in USER > Downloads on your computer. It is usually compressed zip files when downloaded
Mac can open zip files by clicking on them. To open rar files you will need WinRAR.
Hope that this tutorial is clear enough to help you get map for your Mac successfully.
Wish you enjoy amazing maps in Minecraft PE.