How to play minecraft without Lag: From the early days of the era of online gaming, Lag was an obsession of no one. It can turn a great online game into a “disaster,” which makes the most calm players also “hit the keyboard” and swear, sometimes quit game. What is Lag that sounds so terrible? How to fight Lag when playing Minecraft? All will be in today’s tutorial called: Lag Reduction Guide when playing Minecraft.
What is Lag?
Lag can be understood in the simplest and most common way is the problem occurs when the transmission and processing of game data, negatively affect the player experience. Lag status has many different types and causes, the two most common Lag types:
FPS Lag (also known as frame reduction)
Getting FPS Lag disease:
- When you play Minecraft, go to the world and press the F3 button, a pile of frightening words will appear, you notice the 19 fps in the image below, that is the number of frames per second that your machine is currently loading.
- The higher the FPS, the better, if the FPS falls below 60 and fluctuates between 40-50, lightweight frame lag will occur.
- If the FPS falls below 40, sometimes 30 or 20, the lag phenomenon will be extremely clear, greatly affecting the playing experience.
Causes Minecraft FPS Lag
The main cause of this phenomenon is often because your computer is using the configuration is too old, can not tolerate Minecraft if not customize the game slightly.
- CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics (OpenGL 2.1)
- GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
- HDD: Minimum 200MB
Recommended configuration :
- CPU: Intel Core i3 hoặc AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: GeForce 2xx Series hoặc AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (OpenGL 3.3)
- HDD: 1GB
Most computers assembled from 2013, 2014 or later can play Minecraft on a regular basis, as this is a game that is not heavy on graphics, so if your computer is in terrible condition that can max setting for offline game like GTA V or similar games, then have another reason, maybe you install the wrong version of Java.
Java is available for 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows, so if you are using 64bit Windows but have Java 32bit installed, there is definitely software conflict and cause Lag!
How to play Minecraft without FPS Lag?
For the Lag FPS phenomenon due to inadequate configuration, the temporary solution would be to install Mods that support configuration tuning, make games lightweight and increase FPS (eg OptifineHD Mod), longer solution and The most effective is still … buying a new computer! If your machine configuration is “terrible” but still Lag then try to remove both Minecraft and Java and then reinstall the correct Java version.
Getting Network Lag disease:
- Have you ever played at a foreign server (or local server)? If you are then you have experienced the phase of cleansing the whole tree but the wood is still…stealth, then suddenly all the wood fell down the fence there.
- Another example for sure is the phenomenon when you are suddenly stopped and then shifted immediately to the location before a few seconds. This type of Lag is quite difficult to fix, but if you are familiar with, it will not affect too much to the player experience (called “Living with Lag”).
- The test is very easy, you just point to the blue signal display panel with the symbol 5 waves next to the number of players of the server, a figure will appear: From 1-100ms is playable, no Lag, From 100-200ms is a lag light, from 200ms or more, I advise you not to play on this server, avoid damaging many keyboard.
Causes Minecraft Network Lag
- The name is Lag network is certainly caused by the network transmission! Simply put, when you play a game on an online server, the data is loaded from the server, transmitted over the internet to your computer, and then you send data to the server through that path.
- Logically, the longer the route, the longer it will take, so when playing on foreign servers, the ping will be higher when you play on the server in the country, leading to Lag.
How to play Minecraft without NetWork Lag?
- If you feel overwhelmed and uncomfortable, the easiest way is to switch to another server.
- If all servers are Lag, ping is too high, please check your transmission line (maybe fiber is broken, …).
- The long-term and optimal solution is still to upgrade the speed of your network package.
- In addition, there are some good ping server but still Lag is because the server “stingy” does not upgrade the server or do not know how to fine tune the server configuration to optimize it, not by your network.
There are two basic and common types of lag and how to overcome them. If you see the “How to play Minecraft without Lag?” article is useful, you can like, comment, share to more people know how to reduce Lag when playing Minecraft!